Hello Inner Circle readers! Qurate Retail Group, an inspired, global team, 22,000 strong, driven by a shared passion for bringing joy, inspiration and humanity to shopping, is on the hunt for two buying directors! Here are some details about both positions:
Title: Director, Buying – Apparel, QVC
Opportunity: The director of buying, apparel is responsible for driving innovation and creating products that will delight customers and positively impact the business. In this critical role, the selected candidate will be responsible for the strategy and execution of apparel items featured at QVC, and will interact with internal partners as well as externally with top national brands. She will be responsible for leading her team in identifying and negotiating price and terms, buying, developing and executing new products (a big focus for this role), concepts, shows and ideas that will drive growth and sales productivity across multiple platforms. This opportunity is all about product, so if you love product, you’ll thrive in this position.
Location: QVC’s corporate headquarters in suburban Philadelphia
Title: Director, Buying – Culinary
Opportunity: As director, you’ll be responsible for the strategy and execution of the culinary items featured on air at HSN. You will use your strong communication skills to interact with internal partners as well as externally with top national brands. You’ll lead your team in identifying and negotiating price and terms, buying, developing and executing new products, concepts, shows and ideas that will drive growth and sales productivity across multiple platforms.
Location: St. Petersburg, Fla.
Requirements for both positions include the following:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent business experience preferred.
- Minimum eight years experience in a retail environment, preferably leading a buying team. Minimum five years experience in managing/leading others.
- Ability to lead, direct and develop others.
- Ability to work with leaders and at various levels across brands.
- Focus on learning and growing skills of self and others.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to make decisions to achieve desired results.
- Ability to identify and respond to business opportunities and threats quickly.
- Ability to quickly analyze data and draw relevant conclusions to have positive effects on the company in a complex business environment.
- Ability to work with budgets and effectively forecast business.
- Superior negotiation and persuasion skills.
Interested in either of these positions? Please contact Nanette Sherrill at Nanette.Sherrill@hsn.net.