I was about to proclaim the new year is in full swing, but can we even say “new” year on Jan. 26? Or are we too far into what we will instead call this year?
You’ve likely already said this on numerous Zoom meetings this week, but seriously, can you believe January is almost over? Have you accomplished all you imagined? You need people in your life to keep you accountable, hold you to your goals and resolutions … don’t worry, I won’t be doing that here. I’m not going to ask you about dry January or your step count. My only concern is that you may miss one of our many upcoming events — time keeps on slipping into the future, so here’s some ideas on how to maximize yours/fly like an eagle:
1. Learn from and ask questions of an amazing panel of retail leaders! No need to leave your office or home, or home-office. You and your lunch must join our Virtual Exchange.
- Andre Persaud, Chief Retail Officer, Rite Aid;
- Harvey Kanter, President and CEO, DXLG, and Author, “Choosing to Lead”; and
- Lauri Kien Kotcher, CEO, The Shade Store.
2. Enjoy breakfast, networking, and not having to say “you’re on mute” at our in-person New York roundtable.
In addition to networking and breakfast, this event will feature a panel of retail experts addressing a variety of topics, including but not limited to shifting consumer behaviors and what it means for retail organizations going forward, the future of brick-and-mortar stores, 2022 retail technology trends, and much more. There will be an opportunity to ask questions!
3. Travel to an oceanfront resort, rejuvenate, get inspired, all while advancing your career (as my toddler would say, “is this a trap?”). No, this isn’t a trap. This is real Women in Retail Leadership Summit life).
The invitation-only Summit enables attendees access to powerful presentations and keynotes from women retail leaders and other inspirational speakers on everything from how to be a great leader to the latest and greatest retail technologies.
Sign up for one or all of these events and you’ve taken another positive stride in 2022. I hope to see you soon!