From Our Community is the latest content initiative from Women in Retail Leadership Circle (WIRLC). Each week in this space, we will highlight events, business launches, retail partnerships, charitable initiatives, and more, all sent to us by members of the Women in Retail Leadership Circle community. If you have an announcement that you would like us to share with the Inner Circle audience, please contact Melissa Campanelli (firstname.lastname@example.org).
This week we are excited to share that applications for the 2021 New York Fashion Tech Lab (NYFTL) are open. Launched in partnership with leading fashion and retail brands in 2014, the lab focuses on women-led early- and growth-stage companies that have developed business-to-business innovations at the intersection of fashion, retail and technology. The 12-week program will run in Spring/Summer 2021, and be fully accessible virtually. Through a competitive process, the lab’s fashion and retail partners, Springboard Enterprises, and lab team members review submissions and select five to 10 companies to enter the 2021 program. The winning companies will receive:
- collaboration with participating fashion/retail brand partners and senior access to relevant user groups for feedback and potential partnerships;
- workshops and panel discussions on issues relevant to fashion and retail tech companies;
- sessions with business executives, investors and experienced entrepreneurs;
- pitch sessions and Demo Day participation; and
- ongoing access to the global Springboard Enterprise network and alumnae community.
- Scalable B-to-B companies innovating at the intersection of fashion, retail and technology
- Early to growth stage: beyond ideation, at minimum a robust beta, ready for scaling, market validation and collaboration
- Female founder or equity holding woman on the leadership team who can act as the point person and technical founder/team member
- Commit to participating at retail/brand meetings, presentations, and industry and advisory sessions