Today is National Boss’s Day! Since many of you lead teams, we wanted to congratulate you on all the hard work you put in throughout the year to create a productive work environment for your employees. We’re sure they appreciate you, too! Boss’s Day can also be a time to reflect and see what you’re doing right as well as what you can improve on. Kimble’s 2019 Boss Barometer report revealed some interesting information on how employees feel about their managers:
- Almost three-quarters of American workers say they prefer a collaborative working culture, as opposed to one where the boss makes most of the decisions.
- More than four in five American workers would like their boss to ask for their input or opinion more often.
- An encouraging nine out of 10 workers say they respect their boss.
- Eight out of 10 workers feel that their boss or manager respects them.
- Almost two-thirds say their boss has had a positive impact on their career or growth trajectory.
The best bosses know how to be great leaders. For more insight on how to be a better leader, consider attending our WIRLC: On the Road event in San Francisco next month. We have a leadership panel schedule, during which attendees will hear from industry leaders on successful leadership strategies, tips for managing during difficult times, and impactful stories from along the way. In addition to the leadership panel, this one-day event will feature other inspiring and informative content, private executive coaching opportunities, fun activations, networking with industry leaders, and more. We hope to see you there on Nov. 7!
WIRLC Site Relaunch
It’s makeover time! We’re so excited to be relaunching WIRLC’s website and Inner Circle e-newsletter. In a few weeks you’ll notice a fresh color palette, more imagery, and an easier-to-use interface. Our content is even getting a refresh, with more member Q&A interviews; original content featuring our unique blend of retail strategy, leadership insights and executive professional development; and interactive features that drive community building and engagement. We can’t wait to share this with you!
Senior Content Strategist
Women in Retail Leadership Circle