Spring has sprung (at least in New York)! I know because I saw the first crocus of the season this morning. Also, the air is getting warmer, everything is blossoming, and (unfortunately) I’ve started sneezing. But it’s all good! Spring is my absolute favorite season, and here are a few things I’m looking forward to doing this season:
- Starting my garden. As we do every spring, my husband and I usually begin planting vegetables this time of year. On the menu this year? Onions, artichokes and lettuce. I’m excited to get out there and do some digging!
- Spending more time outdoors. One of my favorite things to do in the spring is spend a lot of time outdoors. I love to go for jogs, take bike rides, and walk around the neighborhood. In fact, it’s become a tradition for my 14-year-old son and I to take “evening walks” a few times a week. They’re a great way for me to catch up on everything going on in his life and to get some fresh air and exercise as well. It’s a win-win.
- Spring cleaning. I know this may not sound like something to look forward to, but I always look to the spring as a time to declutter and reset with a clean slate at home.
And of course, I’m super excited because we’ll be kicking off our sixth annual Women in Retail Leadership Summit at the Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne in Miami April 29-May 1! While the event is sold out, you can check out all the happenings on social media via the following hashtags and handles during the event:
- Twitter: @WIRLeadership
- Instagram: @WIRLeadership
- LinkedIn: Women in Retail Leadership Circle
Finally, if you have anything — either personally or professionally — that you’re excited about this spring, please let me know at email@example.com. We always love to hear what’s going on with our readers!
Women in Retail Leadership Circle