Last week, Women in Retail Leadership Circle (WIRLC) released its 10th annual list of the top women executives in retail. As in previous years, the honorees were chosen based on their leadership position within their retail organizations, the scope of responsibility within those positions, their career achievements, and involvement within the retail industry. (WIRLC members can receive ungated access to the report here.)
To celebrate this being the 1oth anniversary of the Top Women in Retail Report, WIRLC added a new feature this year: Women on the Rise. These honorees, who were all nominated by their peers, mentors, team leaders or partners in the industry, are women retail executives primed to take the next step in their careers and become tomorrow’s industry leaders. Women on the Rise nominees held titles of manager level and above (excluding senior vice president and C-suite positions), and currently work for a retail organization.
The 2020 Women on the Rise include:
- Barbara Davis, Global IT Program Manager, Omnichannel, Levi Strauss & Co.
- Kaitlin Moughty Hutchinson, Senior Director, Omnichannel, Lacoste
- Melissa King, Vice President of Operations, Southern Division, Lucky’s Market
- Amy Larson, Vice President, Marketing and E-Commerce, Boston Proper
- Jenna Layden, Vice President, Merchandising Operations, Whole Foods Market
- Danielle Murphy, Director, Customer Relationship Marketing, Michaels
- Chelsea Obinegbo, Vice President, Merchandising, General Merchandise Manager, Weekends Only
- Jessica Siwy, Senior Manager of Store Operations and Customer Service, BevMo!
- Amy Sullivan, Vice President, Merchandising, Kirkland’s
- Callie Canfield Worthington, Vice President, Marketing and Communications, David’s Bridal
These women will be honored at the Women in Retail Leadership Circle’s seventh annual Women in Retail Leadership Summit, taking place April 27-29 at the Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne, Miami. The Summit will host 450 leading women retail executives for two-and-a-half days, with content focused on business strategy and executive professional development.
The 2020 Top Women in Retail list, featuring exclusive interviews with all honorees, can be downloaded here.