PHILADELPHIA, February 26, 2020 — Women in Retail Leadership Circle (WIRLC), an exclusive community of women executives at leading retailers and brands, is proud to announce the release of its 10th annual list of the top women executives in retail.
Honorees were chosen based on a number of factors, including being in a leadership position within a retail organization, scope of responsibility within that position, career achievements, and involvement within the retail industry.
This list serves as a resource to learn more about these retail leaders, from what characterizes their leadership style to whom they turn to for advice to the latest retail technology trends they’re tracking. It’s an introspective look at some of the brightest minds in the retail industry.
“Our 10th annual list of Top Women in Retail is a veritable who’s who in the industry,” says Melissa Campanelli, co-founder of the Women in Retail Leadership Circle. “These women have helped their companies grow and thrive in a hypercompetitive and challenged retail environment, built and managed great teams, implemented new strategic initiatives, mentored and sponsored colleagues, and have done so much more for the industry!”
Here are Women in Retail Leadership Circle’s 2020 Top Women in Retail:
- Liz Allison, Chief Transformation Officer, Neiman Marcus Group
- Anna Brockway, Co-Founder, Chairish
- Michele Buck, Chairman of the Board, President and CEO, The Hershey Company
- Sandra Campos, CEO, Diane von Furstenberg
- Ann-Marie Campbell, Executive Vice President of U.S. Stores, The Home Depot
- Fran Dunaway, Co-Founder and CEO, TomboyX
- Allie Egan, President and CEO, Cynthia Rowley
- Amy Errett, CEO and Founder, Madison Reed
- Joëlle Grunberg, Global Brand President, Sperry, Wolverine Worldwide
- Crystal Hanlon, President, Northern Division, The Home Depot
- Ruth Hartman, President, Lord + Taylor
- Elizabeth Haynes, Vice President, Store Operations and Customer Service, Torrid
- Valerie Hoecke, Global Chief Digital Officer, LVMH Perfumes & Cosmetics
- Angela Hsu, Senior Vice President, Marketing and E-Commerce, Lamps Plus
- Shawuan Johnson, Executive Vice President/General Merchandise Manager, Tommy Hilfiger North America
- Lizanne Kindler, CEO, Talbots
- Sarah LaFleur, Founder and CEO, M.M.LaFleur
- Kim Lefko, Senior Vice President, Chief Marketing Officer, Ace Hardware Corporation
- Sara Irvani, CEO, Okabashi
- Wanda Ma, Senior Vice President, Technology, Sephora
- Kory Marchisotto, Chief Marketing Officer, e.l.f. Cosmetics
- Allison Samek, CEO, Fred Segal
- Marisa Sharkey, Co-Founder and President, Birdies
- Kecia Steelman, Chief Store Operations Officer and President, International, Ulta Beauty
- Carla Vernón, President of Natural and Organic Operating Unit, General Mills
- Vivian Weng, Senior Vice President, Digital and E-Commerce, Anastasia Beverly Hills
In honor of the 10th anniversary of this exclusive issue, Women in Retail Leadership Circle added a new feature to this year’s report: Women on the Rise. These honorees are women retail executives who are primed to take the next step in their careers and become tomorrow’s industry leaders.
“To celebrate this being the 10th year of this exclusive issue, we’ve included a new feature to this year’s report: Women on the Rise. These honorees are women retail executives who will become tomorrow’s industry leaders,” notes Ashley Chiaradio, senior content strategist, Women in Retail Leadership Circle.
The 2020 Women on the Rise include:
- Barbara Davis, Global IT Program Manager, Omnichannel, Levi Strauss & Co.
- Amy Larson, Vice President, Marketing and E-Commerce, Boston Proper
- Kaitlin Moughty Hutchinson, Senior Director, Omnichannel, Lacoste
- Melissa King, Vice President of Operations, Southern Division, Lucky’s Market
- Jenna Layden, Vice President, Merchandising Operations, Whole Foods Market
- Danielle Murphy, Director, Customer Relationship Marketing, Michaels
- Chelsea Obinegbo, Vice President of Merchandising, General Merchandise Manager, Weekends Only
- Jessica Siwy, Senior Manager of Store Operations and Customer Service, BevMo!
- Amy Sullivan, Vice President, Merchandising, Kirkland’s
- Callie Canfield Worthington, Vice President, Marketing and Communications, David’s Bridal
These women will be honored at the Women in Retail Leadership Circle’s seventh annual Women in Retail Leadership Summit, taking place April 27-29 at the Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne, Miami. The Summit will host 450 leading women retail executives for two-and-a-half days, with content focused on business strategy and executive professional development.
The Top Women in Retail list, featuring exclusive interviews with all honorees, can be downloaded here.
For more information about the Women in Retail Leadership Summit, visit www.womeninretailsummit.com.
About Women in Retail Leadership Circle/NAPCO Media
Women in Retail Leadership Circle (WIRLC) is an exclusive community of women executives at leading retailers and brands. Our mission is to foster leadership development for members by providing an unparalleled mix of events, content and elite connections. Our community is comprised of successful, motivated and passionate women from the entire retail and brand ecosystem who have a strong belief that investing in themselves and in other women is good business. From CEOs with years of experience to directors working their way up, the common thread is women coming together to learn from each other and help each other succeed. Focused on both business strategy and executive professional development, WIRLC offers women leaders the opportunity to network, discuss industry issues and learn how to become better leaders. The energized core of our community stems from the hundreds of dedicated members who believe and support WIRLC’s mission. Beyond directly connecting with the industry’s most elite women leaders, benefits of membership include discounted event registration, exclusive member-only content, a private networking forum, and so much more.
NAPCO Media, WIRLC’s parent company, has been a leading information source in the markets it serves since 1958. NAPCO Media continues to evolve with information distribution methods and specializes in the creation and cross-channel distribution of exceptional content. NAPCO Media’s mission is to build community between its audience and its clients.