Here at the Inner Circle we’re always striving to provide insight and advice that’s both thought-provoking and useful to our readers and Women in Retail Leadership Circle members. In fact, we work hard each week to create an e-newsletter that we hope leaves you feeling inspired, empowered and maybe even a little smarter.
To that end, we’re always looking for new voices. After all, the greatest ideas are often sparked by hearing what others have experienced as well as being exposed to innovative ways of thinking. As such, we’d like to invite you to share your experiences with your peers by writing for Women in Retail Leadership Circle! Here are just a few of the types of content we’re looking for:
- Lessons Learned: Have you overcome a challenge in your career and/or achieved a significant victory? Do you want to share what worked … and what didn’t? Example: How Successful, Effective Feedback Improves Performance Results and Business
- Tips and Advice: Are you an expert on a particular subject matter? Do you want to help others by sharing the knowledge you’ve gained? Example: A Retailer’s Guide to a Hit Pop-Up Shop
- Commentary on a Current Trend: Has a recent industry trend caught your attention, and you think our readers should be aware of it? What practical action should they take in response? Example: Mum’s the Word: The Power of the Consumer Parent
Are you interested in writing for the Inner Circle? If so, please submit your pitch to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re super excited about our upcoming live, regional, one-day events, aptly named WIRLC: On the Road. In addition to stops in New York City and San Francisco this fall, we’ll be in Los Angeles on July 24 at the W Hollywood! Like our Women in Retail Leadership Summit, these invitation-only events enable executive women in leadership positions at retail companies the opportunity to network, learn from each other, and improve business processes.
In L.A., we’re expecting 100-plus executive women retailers. As an attendee, you’ll experience inspiring presentations, uncover trending leadership strategies, and learn about the latest retail technology trends. There will also be networking galore, and you’ll leave with one of our renowned swag bags. Furthermore, our speaker lineup is incredible:
- Katie Finnegan, Co-Founder, Walmart’s Store No. 8
- Suzy Biszantz, President, BCBG, Hervé Léger, Joe’s Jeans, Centric Brands
- Allison Samek, CEO, Fred Segal
- Jill Layfield, Co-Founder and CEO, Tamara Mellon
- Heather Hasson, Co-CEO, FIGS
- Ivka Adam, Founder and CEO, Iconery
- Caitlyn Chase, Founder, Caviar & Cashmere
- Leah Borgeson Stigile, President, Fame and Partners
- Kimberly Tobman, Chief Revenue Officer, The Bouqs Company
- Delali Kpodzo, Head of Marketing, Thrive Causemetics
- And many more! You can check out the full roster here.
Will you join us on July 24 in Los Angeles? If so, please register via this link. And mark your calendars: We’ll be in New York City on Oct. 24, and San Francisco on Nov. 7. Register here for a city near you before they’re sold out!
And one last note about upcoming events. WIRLC is partnering with its sister brand, Total Retail, to host Total Retail Tech, taking place Sept. 23-25 in Philadelphia (this event is for men and women). Total Retail Tech is a complimentary, all-inclusive event for retailers and brands looking to vet new technologies. We cover everything for you — travel, hotel, meals, etc. There are a very limited amount of seats for Total Retail Tech. If you’re interested in attending, fill out the application here.
Women in Retail Leadership Circle