We’re so excited to announce that our brand new report, The New Next Gen: The Women Who Have Transitioned Their Careers for a Successful Second Act, is hot off the presses today! The digital publication celebrates women who have reinvented themselves and their careers after the age of 40, and spotlights women leaders who understand that age and experience can give you the confidence, skills and vision to create new opportunities.
The women featured in this year’s report demonstrate that innovation gets better with age, and that it’s after the age of 40 when many women embark on the most creative and productive times of their lives. The list includes trailblazers who followed their passions, including:
- Barbara Bradley Baekgaard, co-founder, Vera Bradley, and co-owner, The Bradley Hotel;
- Susan Feldman, co-founder and visionary behind One Kings Lane, and now the founder of In The Groove, a lifestyle destination for age-defying women;
- Sheilisa McNeal-Burgess, founder of Fria, a new lifestyle brand committed to developing next generation, wearable cooling technology designed to address overheating during menopause;
- Rena Nathanson, CEO and co-inventor of Bananagrams, the game for two to six players where letter tiles are used to create words as fast as possible; and
- Stephanie Stuckey, CEO of Stuckey’s Corp., a chain of roadside convenience stores that are found on highways throughout the United States.
In this report, you’ll learn what inspired these women to make career changes later in their lives; the primary challenges that confronted them as well as how they overcame them; how mentors as well as other people in their networks helped with their career transitions; their advice for other women interested in making a defining change further into their career; and much more. Be sure to download it here!
Join Us for Women in Retail Leadership Days!
Our next Women in Retail Leadership Days virtual event is less than a week away! Can you believe it?
Women in Retail Leadership Days is a month-long celebration of women! It’s taking place March 23 to April 13, and will feature amazing content as well as some unique activities for you to enjoy. Here’s a look at what we have planned:
- Inspiring Speakers: Rebecca Minkoff, co-founder and creative director, Rebecca Minkoff; Gina Drosos, CEO, Signet Jewelers; Cindi Bigelow, president and CEO, Bigelow Tea; Reshma Saujani, founder and CEO, Girls Who Code; Kara Goldin, founder and CEO, Hint Inc.; Lori Allen, founder, Bridals by Lori and host of TLC’s “Say Yes to the Dress: Atlanta”; Stephanie Stuckey, CEO, Stuckey’s Corp.; Shelley Zalis, CEO, The Female Quotient; Kim Scott, co-founder, Radical Candor; and more!
- Unique Networking Opportunities: Join fun and interactive networking sessions with other attendees, as well as virtual idea exchanges — i.e., discussions moderated by Women in Retail Leadership Circle board members on topics such as return-to-office strategies, keeping employees motivated, being a socially responsible company, and more.
- Author Workshops: Attendees will have the chance to discuss some of their favorite leadership and health-and-wellness books with the authors who wrote them! Attendees receive a digital chapter of each book and choose the meetup they would like to attend.
- Free Career Coaching Opportunities: During our very first virtual “Coaches Corner,” attendees can sign up for 30-minute virtual meetings with Women in Retail Leadership Circle-certified career coaches, who are offering 10 hours to 15 hours of free coaching over the duration of the event.
Register today for this can’t-miss event!