Women in Retail Leadership Circle (WIRLC) is first and foremost a community. It’s our duty to best serve you, our incredible community of women leaders. As such, we want to ensure we’re providing you with the most relevant and useful in formation right now — and we believe the best insights come from engaging with all of you. With that in mind, we’d love for you to complete our short COVID-19 content survey by clicking the link here. The survey should take five minutes or less to complete, and will ask you a series of questions about how you’re managing your business during the current COVID-19 crisis, as well as what types of content you’re interested in consuming. Please take the survey so you can help us help you!
In the meantime, I also wanted to take a minute to update you on some of the programming and content WIRLC and its sister brand, Total Retail, is putting together for you:
- Total Retail and Bazaarvoice is hosting a webinar at 2 p.m. EST today (April 15) that will focus on the impact COVID-19 is having on global retailers, brands and consumers. It will offer current insights from shopping activity across 6,200 global e-commerce sites, details on how retailers and brands are making quick pivots to stay relevant, and a forecast on what the next five years will look like. You can register for this webinar here.
- On April 28, we’re hosting another Virtual Lounge, this time alongside Total Retail. The lounge, formally called the Women in Retail and Total Retail Virtual Lounge, will feature livestreamed fireside chats with retail CEOs about how they’re managing their businesses in the face of the coronavirus pandemic. Speakers such as Neela Montgomery, CEO, Crate and Barrel, Mike Edwards, CEO, Hanna Andersson, and others will be participating. The chats will be livestreamed on Total Retail, and you’ll be able to view them there at any time. We’ll also be featuring select sessions on womeninretail.com. Stay tuned for a registration link!
- I’ve started a blog on Total Retail’s website called Retail Resources! The blog will be updated each Monday to include the most relevant information and resources I’ve seen over the past week, as well as ideas to help improve your week ahead. It’s designed to help you lead in this unprecedented time. I truly hope it’s helpful.
- Over the past few weeks, Inner Circle has been featuring interviews from our “Leadership in the New Normal” video series. This series features interviews with executive coaches, life coaches, and industry consultants discussing how to lead successfully during a time of crisis. In case you missed it, here’s a link to last week’s installment, a discussion with executive coach, author, and Olympian Melinda Harrison. And check out this week’s installment below — an interview with Michelle Farabaugh, the former chief marketing officer of Harry & David and a veteran marketer.
- Coming soon: More video interviews and podcast episodes with executive women in retail; Q&As with women-founded retail startups; and more content designed to help you navigate the current crisis.
As I’ve said before, we consider it a privilege to be able to provide information to you, and we’ll always be here if you have any questions or feedback. Also, if you have any thoughts or ideas on content you would like to see from WIRLC, or anything you would like to add to my blog, please reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay safe, and have a good rest of the week!